Shravan Sampath (aged 39 years) is a seasoned power sector professional with 17 years’ leadership experience across the energy sector spanning thermal power, natural gas, hydro power and distributed solar energy. Shravan brings a blend of entrepreneurial and institutional experience, working with the biggest names in energy sector like Reliance, Shell, L&T Infrastructure Finance, Equis Funds group and Ampyr Energy.
At various points in his career, Shravan developed one of India’s most differentiated and valuable renewable businesses focused on corporates, industries and SMEs. Shravan brings expertise in developing businesses with end-to-end expertise from origination, sales, design, engineering, implementation and support. In addition, Shravan has also co-founded an infrastructure finance platform along with leading industry professionals and was exclusively engaged by KKR India Financial Services Pvt. Ltd. for business origination and diligence.
Key Professional Achievements:
- 2022 - developed India’s first inter-state solar park at Bikaner Rajasthan connected to the central transmission utility
- 2017 - 2020 - Developed a new business model for solar for industrial, commercial, residential and SME sector, and created financing models that were later adopted by World Bank and other institutions.
- 2019 - Certified for renewable energy procurement by Imperial College, London and CII
- 2016-2019 - Independent director on one of India’s largest construction companies Punj Lloyd Ltd (over $1 billion market cap) from 2016 to 2019 and contributed to resolution of several stress issues at the board level. Developed a portfolio of 47 MW of solar assets across Rajasthan and Uttarakhand, India.
- 2015 - 2021 - Developed multiple start-ups with unique business models and deep professional credibility among leading financial institutions, various state and central governments and leading contractors / equipment suppliers in India.
- 2012 - Fastest financial closure of international Exim financing in Indian infrastructure (Samalkot 2400 MW).
- 2010 - Obtained India’s first and only approval for clean development mechanism (CDM) for imported coal-based power plant (Krishnapatnam UMPP) with over 2 million CERs per annum.
- Regularly published by leading business dailies on op-eds and opinions on important developments in renewable energy sector.
He did PGDM (Finance, Marketing) from the Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow, India (2004 - 06), and Bachelors in Computer Science and Engineering from Madras University (2000 - 04).